Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Vividion Therapeutics, Inc.
CALIFORNIA LAW REQUIRES THAT WE PROVIDE YOU THIS NOTICE ABOUT THE COLLECTION
AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ IT CAREFULLY.
Effective Date: May 13, 2021
In certain cases we may ask you for additional information for purposes of complying with applicable laws. We may also inquire about criminal records. We will do so only where permitted by applicable law.
- Sources of personal information
We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job and throughout the job application or recruitment process. We may also collect your personal information from other sources and combine it with the personal information you provide us. For example, we may collect your personal information from:
- Job board websites you may use to apply for a job with us;
- Prior employers that provide us with employment references;
- Professional references that you authorize us to contact;
- Pre-employment screening services, such as background check providers (where permitted by law);
- Employment agencies and recruiters;
- Your educational institutions;
- Your public social media profile or other publicly-available sources; i.e. LinkedIn
- Other Company personnel.
- How we use personal information about candidates
- Purposes for which we use personal information
We may use the categories of personal information above for the following purposes:
- Recruitment management. Managing recruitment generally, such as:
- operating the careers website we maintain at https://vividion.com/#careers or any other site to which this Notice is posted (“Careers Site”);
- recruiting, interviewing and evaluating job candidates;
- conducting background checks and other pre-employment screening (where permitted by law);
- analyzing and improving our application and recruitment processes;
- accommodating disabilities or health conditions;
- communicating with you regarding your candidacy, opportunities with the Company or about the Careers Site and any changes to applicable terms or policies; and
- other business operations.
- Compliance, safety and fraud prevention, such as:
- complying with or monitoring compliance with legal and other requirements, such as reporting and equal opportunities monitoring requirements, where applicable;
- complying with internal policies and procedures;
- complying with lawful requests and legal process, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protecting our, your or others’ rights, safety and property, including by complying with applicable public health guidelines and requirements, including, without limitation, guidance from the Centers for Disease Control or other public health authorities relating to the prevention and control of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases;
- investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, or conduct in violation of our policies or procedures;
- controlling access to and monitoring our physical premises (e.g., by requiring health screenings to access offices/facilities; and
- sharing information with government authorities, law enforcement, courts or private parties where we have a good-faith belief it is necessary for the foregoing purposes.
- Analytics. Creating anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data that we use and share to analyze our application and recruitment activities, business and for other lawful business purposes.